|ARMED & ABLE has been in business since 1993 and strives to provide a safe, unhurried but thorough lesson where you will learn more than just firearm safety, you will learn the proper way to break down & clean your weapon and have the time to improve your marksmanship as well.
The law requires that you show your proficiency in the safety, handling and firing of your firearm before you can get your concealed weapon permit. Time is taken to be sure you not only feel comfortable with your weapon, but can hit your target every time.
Once you have finished the course, you will be confident in your firearm skills and that your money was well spent on the best training available. You’re not rushed through the course, or given minimum requirements at ARMED & ABLE.
Carrying a firearm is a serious matter. We only have one class a day, and it’s not over until you feel safe and confident that you can protect yourself.
That’s why we call it ARMED & ABLE.
Signing up is simple with our On-line Registration Form.
ROBERT KENDRICK IS AN NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Serving North Florida for over 15 Years as an NRA Certified instructor
State of Florida Probation Officer for over 25 Years
Probation officers MUST PASS a rigorous gun safety and marksmanship training class yearly or lose their privilege to carry a weapon.
Robert has finished first or second in his class for the last 15 years.
Having an available functioning form of protection is no different from having a spare tire in the trunk of your car. You hope you'll never need to use it, but you'll be glad you have it, and know how to use it, in case you ever do.
Since responsible gun ownership is a priority for us, you can bring anyone in your household who wants to learn about gun safety to our class for FREE!
This is a great way to introduce your children to gun safety or calm another household member's fear of you owning a gun.
Additionally, if for any reason we run out of time (i.e. you have an appointment elsewhere) and you still aren't 100 percent comfortable with your ability, you can attend our next class, and our next class, and so on, until you do feel comfortable for no additional charge.
Click this tab to see REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN YOUR CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT
The following is a condensed version of Florida Statute 790.06 which describes the requirements. It is intended only to be used as a reference. Please read the entire text of the statute and the other statutes it references especially if you think you might be eligible or ineligible with respect to certain exceptions which have been indicated by an asterisk (*).
Click this tab to see PLACES WHERE WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED
The list below is a condensed version of the places where you are prohibited from carrying a weapon or firearm even if you have a license. Some places do have exceptions...
See Section 790.06 (12), Florida Statutes.
- Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
- Any courthouse or courtroom
- Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
- Any detention facility, prison, or jail
- Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption
- Any polling place
- Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
- Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
- Any school administration building
- Any elementary or secondary school facility
- Any college or university facility
Any area technical center
- Inside the passenger terminal and all other areas of Any airport
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
- Any place of nuisance as defined in Section. 823.05, Florida Statutes
|Tally Local Time & Temps
Visitors since December 17, 2008